Giving Youth a Safe Start
Our SafeGen program offers three free safety courses for youth:
· HCS3000 – Workplace Safety Systems
· HCS3010 – Workplace Safety Practices
· AGR3000 – Agriculture Safety
Students will learn the fundamentals of workplace safety and earn one credit for each completed course. Our courses can be taught in class by you, their instructor, or delivered online via our easy-to-use learning management system. The online system is self-marking and self-paced for ease of use for both teachers and students. These accredited high school courses are updated with WHMIS 2015 information, easy to understand, and perfect for youth entering the workforce.
Our course offerings also include Mental Health in the Workplace. The course helps youth define what mental health is, and understand how stressors and anxiety can affect workplace performance and safety. *Please note – this course is not accredited, and offered online only.
Registering is easy! Instructors can fill out the form at the link below and we’ll be in touch shortly with instructions for registering students. Give your students a safe start!
Please note: This form is intended for instructors, who will be given access to our course platform, and provided instructions for registering their own students. If you are a student, please request that your teacher fill out this form.
youth workplace safety video contest
Our 2024 Youth Workplace Safety Video Contest is NOW OPEN for entries!
Time to put on your Director’s hat and a produce a 2-minute video for a shot at winning $1500! This year’s theme is “A Safe Start to Your Career,” inviting you to showcase your ideas on starting your career on a safe path.
- CAREERS is committed to empowering youth in their journey to rewarding employment. Bringing the SafeGen program on board gives CAREERS the ability to provide both work integrated learning opportunities and the necessary accreditation to promote safety. This helps make things quicker and easier for educators and youth entering our programs.
- CAREERS continues to offer SafeGen’s three online work placement preparation courses (HCS3000, HCS3010, and AGR3000) as well as a comprehensive Mental Health in the Workplace course to enhance students’ skills and well-being.
- SafeGen’s other offerings, including its extensive Library of Resources, remain available. We will also continue the annual Youth Workplace Safety Video Contest in which we award 3 winners $1500 each for creating educational videos about workplace safety.
If you require assistance of any kind, please reach out to our SafeGen team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to assist you.
We understand the vital role you play in educating and preparing young people to remain safe and healthy as they enter the work world, and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources necessary to support this important work.
Thank you for your continued trust in SafeGen and now, CAREERS. We look forward to another successful year of working with you to create safe and nurturing educational environments.