CAREERS: Rebuilding Fort McMurray Creating Youth Futures campaign was prompted by the devastating wildfires in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in May/June 2016. This initiative is intended to ensure youth, young apprentices, and Aboriginal youth are considered in Rebuilding Fort McMurray. The campaign also supports youth and industry throughout Alberta by building tomorrow’s skilled workforce today!
- Youth in Fort McMurray are supported to return to work as quickly as possible
- Programs are evolved to address short, mid, and long-term workforce needs
- Apprentices are assisted to engage in internships in trades
- Employers are supported to hire, train, and retain young apprentices
- Develop partnerships in construction, home building and occupations in demand
- Work with Aboriginal communities throughout the region
AND TO OUR CAMPAIGN FRIENDS!
“Working together to put young apprentices back to work in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo”
CAREERS Founding Chair and former CEO Syncrude Canada
Charitable Registration Number 88641 3699 RR0001